1.1. To qualify to enter the competition, you must be over 18 years of age.
1.2. By entering the Call you hereby accept these competition rules.
1.3. Entries must be submitted no later than the deadline listed on the Competition URL, callforentry.boom.co/inner-outlook/
1.4. The competition is open to everyone that is 18 years and older, professional and amateur photographers alike.
2.1. All entries will be reviewed and pre-screened by our editors and a group of industry professionals. The screened entries are then reviewed by our jury. The jury will choose the winners. The decisions of the jury are final.
2.2. Each photographer retains copyright of his or her images, and proper credit lines will be attributed to each photographer when exhibited, screened or published, in print or digital, exhibited or screened anywhere by BOOM, Manfrotto or their partners.
3.1. BOOM reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any photograph that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the photograph appears on the website. You warrant, in respect of the photographs submitted by you, as follows:
- You are the sole copyright owner and creator of the photographs.
- You have the right to enter your photographs in this competition.
- To the best of your knowledge, the photographs do not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
- To the best of your knowledge, the photographs do not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- The photograph does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and your photograph does not include:
- trademarks owned by third parties.
- copyrighted materials owned by third parties.
- names, likenesses or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead.
- entries in which you have purchased or secured the right to use stock images.
3.2. You agree to fully indemnify BOOM and Manfrotto in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing.
3.3. You confirm that each person depicted in the photograph has granted permission to be portrayed as shown—and has the right to grant that permission. Any costumes, props or other materials used must be rented or borrowed with the permission of the owner, and all other relevant permissions must have been obtained.
3.4. Images that purport to be “news” photographs, reporting, photojournalism, or documentary photography, should comply with the ethical guidelines of the National Press Photographers Association (nppa.org/code-ethics) in general, as well as those proposed by UNICEF for ethical reporting on children (www.unicef.org/ceecis/media_1482.html). No people or objects may be added, rearranged, reversed, distorted or removed from a photograph. If images are staged, this should be made clear in the written statements and captions. It is important, always, to take into account the ethical considerations of photography, and to protect vulnerable people from potential harm that could be inflicted as a result of publishing images that expose or identify individuals or groups who may be or may become vulnerable as a result of the publication of the photographs.
4. BOOM and Manfrotto recognize you retain full ownership of the copyright in each photograph that you have submitted.
5. BOOM assume no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Call, and BOOM assume no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Call. BOOM assume no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries. BOOM are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to BOOM on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Call. If for any reason a contestant’s photograph cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, BOOM assumes no responsibility.
6. You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of your name and winning images for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity for BOOM and Manfrotto and the Call without additional compensation. Such requests will not be unreasonably withheld.